The Ministry of Local Governmant and Housing in an effort ro excute its mandate is guided by fourteen (14) specific objectives. These include the following:
- To formulate relevant policies and legislation and review existing ones in order to provide appropriate guidance.
- To establish, manage and maintain an information management system of the Ministry in order to facilitate informed decision making and improved information flow.
- To effectively and efficiently manage and develop human resources in order to improve service delivery.
- To provide administrative support services in order to facilitate effective operations of the Ministry.
- To facilitate the establishment, capacity building and operationalisation of Commercial Utilities in order to improve their operations and enhance delivery of water and sanitation services.
- To effectively and efficiently coordinate and monitor implementation of Ministerial policies and programmes in order to ensure their effective implementation.
- To monitor the performance of Local Authorities and Statutory boards in order to ensure set service delivery standards are met and sustained.
- To facilitate and co-ordinate the implementation of the National Decentralisation Policy in order to promote a decentralized and democratic local government system.
- To provide valuation and property consultancy services to central government institutions and public in order to establish value of properties.
- To manage Chiefs’ affairs and facilitate smooth conduct of business by the House of Chiefs in order to enable traditional rulers to effectively participate in matters of governance and national development.
- To facilitate and monitor the housing delivery systems and capacity building programmes for local authorities and communities in order to ensure affordable housing for all.
- To mobilize and manage financial resources for the smooth operation of the Ministry and institutions under its charge.
- To facilitate development and implementation of Town and Country (Regional) and Spatial (Physical) Plans in order to promote orderly, coordinated and balanced development.
- To facilitate urban and rural infrastructure development and rehabilitation to enhance service delivery by local authorities.
Find the Best Web Hosting which offers reliable service and top quality support